Welcome to one of the most historic board games in the world! Your goal in this game is to move all your pieces in counterclockwise direction until they are all at your home board, then remove all of your pieces before your opponent does so. You and your opponent will be assigned a set of black or white pieces. The home board of black is located at the lower right region of the board, while the home board of white is located at the upper right region. Before the game starts, you and your opponent will both roll a die to determine the turn order, and the player who gets a higher number will move first. During your turn, click the button in the middle of the screen to roll the dice, and the numbers shown on the dice are the numbers of steps you can take, for example, if 3 and 6 are rolled, you can move a piece 3 steps forward, and then move the same piece or another piece 6 steps forward. You must also make as many moves as possible, for example if you rolled 4 and 3 and you can move your pieces either 4 steps or 3 steps forward but not both, you must move your pieces 4 steps forward. If the numbers of the dice are the same, you can use each die twice and make 4 moves, for example if you rolled a double 5, you can move 4 pieces forward for 5 steps each. You can move your pieces to a column which is empty or is currently occupied by your pieces, but you cannot move your pieces to a column occupied by 2 or more of your opponent's pieces. If a column is only occupied by 1 opponent piece, that piece becomes a "blot," and you can land your piece on that column so as to attack the blot and move it to the bar in the middle of the board. Any piece that is moved to the bar has to start from the beginning again, and a player cannot move any of his pieces until all of his pieces on the bar have entered the game. After moving all of your pieces to your home board, you can start to remove them, and the order of removal will follow the numbers rolled from the dice, for example if y
» version 2.1.2 - posted on 2008-08-25
Added 4 language versions
» version 1.0.0 - posted on 2008-08-25
EULA - End User License Agreement
MULTIPLAYER BACKGAMMON - PRODUCT LICENSE INFORMATION
NOTICE TO USERS: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL AGREEMENT. USE OF THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THIS SOFTWARE. USER'S USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS CONDITIONED UPON COMPLIANCE BY USER WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. LICENSE GRANT. Novel Games Limited grants you a license to use one copy of the version of this SOFTWARE on any one system for as many licenses as you purchase. "You" means the company, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the license fee. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any licensing or control features of the SOFTWARE except as an intended part of the SOFTWARE's programming features. This license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual. You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that there is no refund policy for any purchase of the SOFTWARE.
2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by Novel Games Limited. Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE .
3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by Hong Kong copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of Novel Games Limited and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
4. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
5. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. NOVEL GAMES LIMITED DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE IS ERROR FREE. NOVEL GAMES LIMITED DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
6. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
7. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL NOVEL GAMES LIMITED OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF NOVEL GAMES LIMITED HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL NOVEL GAMES LIMITED'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY.
8. GOVERNING LAW. This license will be governed by the laws of Hong Kong and international treaties.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This is the entire agreement between you and Novel Games Limited which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.